Help with alarm/immobiliser issues with 2001 Civic type R - Club EP3 Message Board
Our family of websites: clubrsx.com | clubilx.com | clubep3.com | k-series.com
Go Back   Club EP3 Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
compton

Help with alarm/immobiliser issues with 2001 Civic type R

hello there

i have just recently purchased a 2001 civic type R. It was a salvage car (has been rolled) and it is quite damaged however the running gear is ok which is what i bought it for

before i bought it, it was fine, started up first time and such and ran well. I then went a few days later and it was then started up and driven onto a recovery truck

however whilst on the recovery truck, the alarm went off, and continued to the whole way home

Got it back to my place and the fob wouldnt turn it off, i was supplied 2 keys/fobs with the car and neither would turn it off, tried key in the door and didnt work, tried starting it and got nothing as well

in the end the battery was dissconnected which turned the siren off (thankfully as parents werent too happy with that!)

now every time i reconnect the battery the alarm just goes off and i cant stop it, nor can i start the car. I have cut the siren off now so there is no noise but i need to get the car started so that i can move it

As i say it started fine for the previous owner and he drove it onto the toe truck so i dont know what has gone wrong? i have contacted him but he doesnt know too much about the problem either. He said it happend to him once before and he just disconnected the battery for a few mins and reconnected it

im guessing there has got be a simple solution to this? what could go wrong between his house and mine on a recovery truck!?

any help would be appreiciated. Its the standard honda alarm/immo as far as im aware not an after market

also its a UK car if it makes a difference

any help apprieciated!

thanks
dez
compton is offline   Reply With Quote