Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD Receiver video help - Club EP3 Message Board
Our family of websites: clubrsx.com | clubilx.com | clubep3.com | k-series.com
Go Back   Club EP3 Message Board > STYLE > Car Audio & Security
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
darkoe

Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD Receiver video help

So I recently downloaded a video from YouTube using the "YouTube downloader HD" program. The program allows you to download any video from YouTube and convert it in to .AVI format.

After the file was done converting, I transferred it into the video folder in my USB and plugged it into the Pioneer. Then, I get a message saying "Unplayable File". I go back to the computer and try to figure out why it won't play. Most of my actual video files are in the same format as the YouTube video. I tried adjusting the width and height of the video to 640x360 in hopes that it would work, it didn't.

I also tried searching for issues like mine and found that a program called pazeera needed to be downloaded. Basically I needed to convert the video to DivX or Xvid format, AKA .AVI, and it should work after that. I tried both file type conversions and i'm still not having any luck.

Does anyone here have experience with this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
darkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
wowitztai
13.60's all motor

Better off burning the videos on a dvd thats what i do
Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
darkoe

if i burn the videos to a cd, do i still need to convert it?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Skullink

you cannot view any movie files off of a usb or sd on these units, dvd only.
Skullink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
darkoe

hm. so i'm only able to play full DVD movies from the USB?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Skullink

nope, for movies you're gonna have to burn it to a dvd. only way.
Skullink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
darkoe

Thats weird because i do have movies on my usb that play on the player. I just cant figure out why the video clips that i downloaded from youtube can't play.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
iRollFlaccid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullink View Post
Complete bullshit. You most definitely CAN view videos off of your USB/Flash Drive. I've only found one way to do so. I've also tried using Pazera and used EVERY output format and none have worked. However, it's kind of a pain in the ass and I'm not sure if there is any other way that is more convenient... But here's what you do:

It's only an extra step. So...

Get your video using DownloadHelper or whatever it is that you pull videos off the internet. Usually they come in FLV file format and you can use Pazera to convert them to whatever format(XviD1.2.2 and DivX3-Low-Motion both work). Once your file is converted take that and have it ready.

Download DivX Plus converter. Using the program, take your recently converted FLV to AVI and drag it into the "drag & drop videos here". Using the "mobile" output, it converts pretty quickly and isn't too bad of quality. If you're into better quality, it's going to take more time.

Also, for some reason I can download videos off the internet in .AVI format that will work with the AVH-P4300 without having to do any of the above. It's hit or miss. It must have something to do with the resolution/audio codec? Who knows.

You can also pick up a free serial code offline somewhere for DivX Converter Plus for unlimited conversions. Hope this helps. If you can shed any light on how to bypass this second step with DivX Converter Plus, it'd be greatly appreciated.
iRollFlaccid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
Pitseleh
i Roll Flaccid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullink View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

All you have to do is download DivX Plus Converter. It's an extra step and a PITA sometimes, but it's what you got to do. Take your FLV from your YouTube downloader and convert it in Pazera to a AVI. The first two codecs (the AVI) in the scroll down option will work.

Then just take that item and convert it in DivX Plus Converter. It will work. If you have any idea to get around the second step let me know. I'm sick of it too.
Pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
darkoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

All you have to do is download DivX Plus Converter. It's an extra step and a PITA sometimes, but it's what you got to do. Take your FLV from your YouTube downloader and convert it in Pazera to a AVI. The first two codecs (the AVI) in the scroll down option will work.

Then just take that item and convert it in DivX Plus Converter. It will work. If you have any idea to get around the second step let me know. I'm sick of it too.
Alright, i'll try that and let you know how it goes. If only they made a player that was compatible with ALL file types. BTW, do i leave it on 360p or do i need to change it?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Pitseleh
i Roll Flaccid

You can leave it in whatever you want. When using DivX's converter I just use the "mobile" setting which creates a file up to 340 by 240. If you want a better quality you can use the other settings, it just takes a lot longer to convert.
Pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
darkoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRollFlaccid View Post
Complete bullshit. You most definitely CAN view videos off of your USB/Flash Drive. I've only found one way to do so. I've also tried using Pazera and used EVERY output format and none have worked. However, it's kind of a pain in the ass and I'm not sure if there is any other way that is more convenient... But here's what you do:

It's only an extra step. So...

Get your video using DownloadHelper or whatever it is that you pull videos off the internet. Usually they come in FLV file format and you can use Pazera to convert them to whatever format(XviD1.2.2 and DivX3-Low-Motion both work). Once your file is converted take that and have it ready.

Download DivX Plus converter. Using the program, take your recently converted FLV to AVI and drag it into the "drag & drop videos here". Using the "mobile" output, it converts pretty quickly and isn't too bad of quality. If you're into better quality, it's going to take more time.

Also, for some reason I can download videos off the internet in .AVI format that will work with the AVH-P4300 without having to do any of the above. It's hit or miss. It must have something to do with the resolution/audio codec? Who knows.

You can also pick up a free serial code offline somewhere for DivX Converter Plus for unlimited conversions. Hope this helps. If you can shed any light on how to bypass this second step with DivX Converter Plus, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Alright, i will definitely try this method out and let you know how it goes. I too am able to download videos off sites like isohunt.com and play them on my player. its just this stupid youtube video is giving me problems.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #13
darkoe

okay so the Divx Converter absolutely works. the only think i have an issue with is the quality. i set it to mobile but the output is 340x180p. what can i do to clear it up a bit?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #14
Alberex

Where did you get the "installation kit to put the Indash " ?
Alberex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
bigbigspoon

Yes you Can

I play Music Videos all the time with my p4300-dvd player via 16gb USB key. I download them with the free program Youtube Downloader HD. Once i have a batch of videos I convert the FLV files to a regular more manageable files ( mp4 or AVI file) Then I use Divx Plus Converter and covert them to Home Theater AVI. Great Quality and works flawlessly ....well sometimes if i get a bad file the song may be of a split second.. Email me if you have an easier way or you need help. T.P.B. is your Friend if you don't want to pay for the Divx Converter. (torrent)

Now for the Real Question with these units: I need a dumb USB switch to switch from my unit so that i can switch from Iphone plug to usb key without reaching into my glove box. I know there are units that do almost this, but they all have circuit boards and the p4300-dvd unit cant read from them. Any Ideas other than building my own? Thanks!
bigbigspoon is offline   Reply With Quote